Excise Basics 15 March 2017
This compact study afternoon gives you a clear answer to the most common questions about excise duties. After explaining the context, your trainer will present you a practical case about each sector (tobacco, alcohol, energy, etc.). This way you can return to work with a clear view of your rights and duties in excise traffic, tailored to your specific situation.
The basic training on excise is suitable for excise declarants in the petroleum, tobacco, alcohol, beverages and coffee sector. As well as for customs declarants, tax advisors, financial and administrative directors, wholesalers and traders in tobacco and petroleum products and beverage traders.
- What are excise duties?
- Is the product you import / sell subject to excise duty or not?
- A new product that you sell / stock is subject to excise duty or packaging tax: what should you do?
- Do you have to prepare an eAD for the shipment of denatured ethyl alcohol or not?
- Can you request a relief from excise duties? If so, what are the conditions?
- How can you protect yourself from malicious customers?
- Can you get a refund of excise duties for products rejected by your customer?
- If you notice errors in the excise administration. How do you regularize this situation yourself in the best way possible?
- What brings the future in terms of excise duty rates and formalities?
- What is your defense against post-clearance recovery?