Export Control Compliance Basics 6 & 13 March 2018
This 2-day seminar provides an in-depth education covering all aspects of export control compliance including the regulatory requirements imposed by Belgium and the EU when exporting or transferring strategic items and technology and how companies can comply with the applicable regulations by establishing export control classification, license management and export screening programmes.
Special attention is given to the extra-territorial re-export requirements of the United States.
Expect to leave this seminar with an in-depth understanding of what the current rules are and what you need to do to keep your company compliant.
Novice and experienced export compliance professionals of companies trading in dual-use or military items and technology or doing business in sensitive countries.
(Trade compliance and export control officers, logistics and supply chain personnel, customer service representatives, sales persons, finance personnel, legal counsels )
- Export control basics
- Export control regimes
- Dual-use and military export regulations and control lists
- Sanctions and embargoes
- Export control requirements in the Flemish region
- US re-export regulations
- Export control classification of goods and technology: method and examples
- US de-minimis calculations
- License determination and License management
- Screening transactions. Red flags
- Release of goods blocked by customs
- Risk management
- Establishing an internal control programme