MASP - The Digital Future of Customs
In the European Union (EU), new policies for electronic procedures are outlined in the Multi-Annual Strategic Plan for Electronic Customs (MASP-C), with paper-based customs procedures set to be completely replaced by the middle of 2025. MASP-C sets guidelines that will accomplish multiple strategic objectives.
- Provide legal, business, and technical governance for new IT projects in the area of customs
- Align all EU customs systems with the Union CustomsCode (UCC) and Common Transit Convention (CTC)
- Facilitate more efficient trade
- Enhance security at the EU’s external borders
- Reduce smuggling and fraud with more traceable processes