March 8 is International Women’s Day (IWD) and, at C4T, we are committed to doing our part to forge a gender-equal world. To raise awareness, the women of C4T have struck the pose for this year’s IWD theme, #BreakTheBias.
We strive daily to break the bias in our workplace and, as an extension, in our communities, by taking the following actions:
- Equality in recruitment, training, hiring, and promotion
- Equal pay for all employees
- Development and growth opportunities for all employees
- Work/life integration, with family leave available for both men and women
- Equality of work environment. No one has a private office and employees enjoy natural light and views of beautiful surroundings from every workstation.
Sustaining gender equality with rapid growth
C4T is on a trajectory of rapid growth, making it all the more important to be aware of bias and make choices that reflect our belief in equality so we sustain our culture. We are proud to say that, as we have grown over the past two years, our gender balance has remained strong.
A snapshot of gender balance at C4T in 2020
- Our tribe totalled 41 people, with a ratio of 56% male and 44% female.
- Strong representation of women in team lead positions; 37,5% male and 62,5% female.
- Our delivery team—a domain that is stereotypically male—was 34% female.
Our C4T tribe in 2022
Two short years later, we have built on this foundation.
- We now are 125 people strong, with 61% male and 39% female representation.
- 23% of our software developers are female, which is well above the industry average of 5%.
- Our executive leadership team is 75% male and 25% female.
- 60% of our team leads are female.
- Our board has also grown, and we are proud to have 50/50 male-female representation for this very important advisory council.