Last year, C4T provided reusable Dopper water bottles to all of our employees and contractors. Today, in honor of World Water Day, we have made the pledge to:
- Ban single-use plastic water bottles from our offices.
- Encourage our colleagues and visitors to drink from the tap whenever possible.
- Actively remind everyone to ALWAYS bring their own reusable bottle.
- Inspire other organisations and people to join the Dopper Wave
#WeAreInThisTogether, and with simple, everyday actions we can prevent large amounts of single-use plastic water bottles from entering our oceans. Every minute, a truckload of plastic waste enters our oceans. In that same minute, 1 million single-use plastic bottles are sold around the world. Scary, right? It gets scarier.
- Single-use plastic water bottles are made using oil and other fossil fuels, which are produced in a highly polluting industry.
- Only 9% of all the plastic ever produced has been recycled. The rest is accumulating in landfills, incinerated, or ends up as litter in nature.
- 8 million tons of plastics enter our oceans every year. Which explains why 80% of all waste in our oceans is plastic (of which 49% is single-use)
- Without making changes like we are, it’s predicted that by 2050 the amount of plastic in the oceans will outweigh (in mass) the fish population.
Back to the good news. Clearly, it’s time to take action. For us, today, that action takes the form of banning single-use plastic water bottles and joining the Dopper Wave. Because we’re a lean, green machine, and this goes hand-in-hand with our commitment to sustainability.
You’ll join us, right? The fish will thank you.