Nominations are closed and it is now time to cast your votes for the 2020 Customs Professional Award. Congratulations to this year’s nominees, who were chosen by their peers for their outstanding achievements in the field of customs and trade. Candidates manage a variety of different customs and international commerce functions, ranging from regulations to supply chain, compliance, and import and export.
And the finalists are… (drumroll please!)
- Gerrit De Sterck, Customs Regulatory Affairs Manager, DHL Aviation
- Annick De Vuyst, Customs & Trade Compliance Manager EMEA, Becton Dickinson EDC
- Stefanie Decaluwé, Supply Chain Coördinator, Agristo
- Stéphanie Malenger, Import Export Customs Manager, Klüber Lubrication Benelux S.A.
- Jean-François Thiry, Managing Director, SSG (Scott Sports Group) Europe Distribution Center SA
- Walter Van der Meiren, Regulatory and Compliance Director, UPS Europe
- Johan Van Dingenen, Customs Development Manager Customs & Trade (TCP), Nike
- Wendy Van Vlasselaer, Customs Manager, Reynaers Aluminium NV
Now it’s your turn to play a part in their recognition. You can read about their contributions by clicking on their individual bios on the Customs Professional Award website. The winner will receive a Eur 500,- travel cheque that can be used for any preferred holiday, as well as a package of 17 e-learning courses offered by WCO (World Customs Organisation) Academy on relevant topics that include the Harmonized System, Customs Valuation, the WCO Data Model, Rules of Origin, the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), and SAFE AEO, worth Eur 7600,-.
Voting closes on December 31, 2019 so select your favorite candidate today. While you are there, register to attend the free celebratory events organized by C4T and the International Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (ICC Belgium). The Customs Professional Award Ceremony will be held on January 23, 2020 from 1600-2000 at Microsoft 1K Zaventem Airport, followed by the International Customs Day Event on January 24 from 1020-1200 at the Brussels Town Hall.
Registration for both events is free, but spots are limited. No-shows and cancellations within 7 days of the events will be charged €45 +VAT to cover costs.
To learn more about the Customs Professional Award, ICC Belgium, and C4T